Get Email Notifications of New Posts
- Bible Characters Who Expected a Physical Resurrection
- What Was Promised to Abraham?
- The Promises of Long Life
- Obedience Was Necessary to Bring About the Promises Made to Abraham
- Did Those Raised in Matthew 27 Stay in the Land?
- Which Version?
- What’s The Point?
- Figurative Uses of Water Language in the Old Testament
- Adam, Satan, God, and Sin: Working the Puzzle
- The New Testament Timeline (IN PROGRESS)
- 2 Esdras on the Ages
- Angels as Shepherds: Part 2
- Parousia: Coming or Presence?
- Angels as “Shepherds”: Part I
- The 144,000 Were NOT From The Great Tribulation
- A Little Humility Is In Order
- The Nature of the Bible Texts: Something Worth Pondering
- Understanding “The Testimony of Jesus” of Revelation 20:4
- Sheol/Hades in the Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha
- Adam’s “Untimely Death”
- Anatamy of Sheol/Hades (7)
- Anatomy of "This Perverse Generation" (2)
- Anatomy of 2nd Coming (5)
- Anatomy of Jesus' Mission (2)
- Anatomy of Redemption (1)
- Anatomy of Salvation (8)
- Anatomy of Satan (2)
- Anatomy of the Ages (3)
- Anatomy of the Angels (8)
- Anatomy of the Ekklesia (9)
- Anatomy of the First Resurrection (14)
- Anatomy of the Inheritance (1)
- Anatomy of the Judgment (5)
- Anatomy of the Kingdom (2)
- Anatomy of the Second Resurrection (4)
- Anatomy of the Spiritual Situation (10)
- Role of Angels (6)
- Anatomy of the Tribulation (1)
- Angels (6)
- Body of Language (20)
- Critics / Questions (11)
- Difficulties (1)
- Imminence (15)
- New Testament Timeline (1)
- Obsolescence, Time Stamps, and Anachromism (2)
- Reflections (3)
- State of the Church (27)
- Stumbling Blocks (5)
- Theory Implications (12)
- Uncategorized (13)
Category Archives: Body of Language
What follows is a list of every passage I can find in the Bible that might be related to the “Book of Life” or to similar books. I have also included similar mentions from extra-biblical works. This has general relevance … Continue reading
1 Corinthians 7:31 and those who use this world as not misusing it. For the form [schema] of this world [kosmos] is [not “will be” and not “was”] passing away. [Note that it does not say that the world was passing away, … Continue reading
Popular “Calvinist” doctrine takes a stance that Christians were taught by Jesus, the apostles, and prophets that “salvation” (by which they seem to mean “going to heaven”) was to be based, not on behavior/deeds/works, but upon one or more of … Continue reading
This is a “body of language” posting, showing all instances of the word “resurrection” in the Bible. Be sure also to see: Rise Risen Raise Raised Caught Up Matthew 22:23 The same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, … Continue reading
Last Time(s) 1 Peter 1:4 …and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to … Continue reading
This post is (at present) a mere place holder for what I have ultimately in mind. The idea here is to make sense of several things written in the prophets that may have suggested that God either expected mankind to … Continue reading
Luke 18:7. “And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8. “I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, … Continue reading
Hebrews 10:24. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25. not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as … Continue reading
1 Peter 1:5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.
John 6: 39. “This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. 40. “And this is the will of Him who … Continue reading
Acts 2:17 `And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your young men shall see visions, your old men … Continue reading
Hebrews 8:13 In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. 1 Peter 1:5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation … Continue reading
Matthew 26: 63. But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I adjure You by the living God that You tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God.” 64. Jesus said to him, “It … Continue reading
Matthew 12:41 “The men of Nineveh will rise in the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and indeed a greater than Jonah is here. 42. “The queen of the South will rise … Continue reading
Matthew 24:29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Revelation 2:5 “Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place unless you repent.
Matthew 3: 1. In those days John the Baptist came preaching in the wilderness of Judea, 2. and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!”